Searching for Minnesota's Best Jucy Lucy

My quest to find the tastiest JuLu in the Land of 10,000 Lakes

At least there were cheese curds...


After a near perfect Jucy Lucy experience on Wednesday, I had high expectations for tonight's tasting at Tuggs Tavern.

My high hopes were based on my love for a traditional Mushroom & Swiss and my expectations for a burger with those ingredients on the inside.

At first glance, Tuggs looked to be a strong contender for the following reasons:
*cheese curds
*three stuffed burger options
*scenic view
*general ambiance

The positivity stopped after the cheese curds were gone.

While I recommend anyone look to Tuggs for curds that are the closest to rival those at the State Fair, I do not recommend the burgers.

With my two companions in tow, we sampled each of the options. To date, these were the driest burgers (no actual cheese on the inside) and were generally overcooked and disappointing.

I may give Tuggs another chance in the future, but without figuring in the cheese curds, Tuggs gets 1/5 stars.

0 comments:

Post a Comment