Searching for Minnesota's Best Jucy Lucy

My quest to find the tastiest JuLu in the Land of 10,000 Lakes

Twin Cities best so far: Groveland Tap

I have taken my inspiration for my posts this week and next from the article Bicyclists on a mission: Find the best juicy Lucy in St. Paul from the July 1, 2009 Pioneer Press.

Today, my weakling Minnesota taste buds went to an extreme - the Cajun Lucy at Groveland Tap, the 2008 City Pages Readers' Choice Best Burger in the metro.

Stuffed with jalapenos and gobs of pepper jack cheese, Groveland has a Cajun lucy that easily rivals the similar version (Southwestern Juicy Lucy) at Bar Abilene, stuffed with peppers, jalapenos, pepper jack cheese, and cheddar cheese.

Because everyone knows of my love for appetizers, my trusty companion Kate and I started with both cheese curds (easily the best we've had on this adventure) and went a bit more risky with deep fried pickles.

The cheese curds were as close to perfect as any curd can be without having been purchased at the MN State Fair.

After my last less than impressive Jucy experience, Groveland met and exceeded every expectation with both its original Jucy and the Cajun Lucy.

With a perfect ratio of cheese to meat, Groveland Tap's Jucy Lucy selections score a solid 4.5.

I couldn't even begin to rate the cheese curds.

0 comments:

Post a Comment